Complications of cancerComplications of cancer https://urgentcarenearmetx.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Tony Guo https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/aa9bbdf8f1e6bbf534778ecea7c0c925?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Complications of cancer
- Patients with cancer may develop complications from
- Continual growth of the cancer into normal tissue
- Side effects of treatment
- Altered taste sensation (dysgeusia)
- Physiologic basis of altered taste is unknown
- Wasting syndrome (Cancer cachexia)
- Upper gastrointestinal and pancreatic cancer patient are at great risk
- Usual sites of infection include the lungs, GU system, mouth, rectum, peritoneal cavity, and blood (septicemia).
- Infection occurs as a result of the ulceration and necrosis caused by the tumor, compression of vital organs by the tumor, and neutropenia caused by the disease process or the cancer treatment.