Cannabis Use DisorderCannabis Use Disorder https://urgentcarenearmetx.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Tony Guo Tony Guo https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/aa9bbdf8f1e6bbf534778ecea7c0c925?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- Tony Guo
- no comments
Cannabis Use Disorder
- Profile of the substance
- Patterns of use
- Effects on the body
- Cardiovascular – Induces tachycardia and orthostatic hypotension
- Respiratory – Production of tar from marijuana that is deposited in the lungs causing bronchodilation and later on lead to obstructive airway disorder
- Reproductive – decrease in sperm count in men
- C N S – sensory alterations may occur, including impairment in judgment of time and distance, recent memory, and learning ability.
- Sexual functioning – Thought to increase sexual satisfaction.
- Symptoms include impaired motor coordination, euphoria, anxiety, sensation of slowed time, and impaired judgment.
- Physical symptoms include conjunctival injection, increased appetite, dry mouth, and tachycardia.
- Impairment of motor skills lasts for 8 to 12 hours.
- Occurs upon cessation of cannabis use that has been heavy and prolonged
- Symptoms occur within a week following cessation of use.
- Symptoms include irritability, anger, aggression, anxiety, sleep disturbances, decreased appetite, depressed mood, stomach pain, tremors, sweating, fever, chills, or headache.