Application of the Nursing ProcessApplication of the Nursing Process https://urgentcarenearmetx.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Tony Guo Tony Guo https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/aa9bbdf8f1e6bbf534778ecea7c0c925?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- Tony Guo
- no comments
Application of the Nursing Process
- Nurses must begin relationship development with a substance abuser by examining own attitudes and personal experiences with substances.
- It is necessary to use motivational interviewing since it uses skills such as empathy and reflection to explore the client’s motivation, strengths, and readiness for change.
Nursing Process: Assessment
- Various assessment tools are available for determining the extent of the problem a client has with substances.
- Drug history and assessment
- Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment of Alcohol Scale
- Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (M A S T)
- C A G E Questionnaire
- Have you ever felt you should Cut down on your drinking?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt bad or Guilty about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a drink first thing in the morning to steady your nerves (Eye-opener)?
- Dual Diagnosis
- Clients with a coexisting substance disorder and mental disorder may be assigned to a special program that targets the dual diagnosis.
- Program combines special therapies that target both problems.